Detroit Lions wide receiver Ryan Broyles (84) at the Detroit Lions training facility. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE
The Detroit Lions returned to the practice field on Sunday to continue training camp. Here's a look at some notes from the session:
- In case you missed it earlier, Mikel Leshoure practiced, but Stefan Logan did not.
- Ryan Broyles practiced on Sunday, two days after he made his NFL debut.
- According to Dave Birkett, Sean Jones had a brace on his left knee and didn't do a whole lot during the team drills on Sunday.
- Jahvid Best, Titus Young, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Sammie Hill, Corey Williams, Andre Fluellen, Travis Lewis, Chris Greenwood, Louis Delmas and Don Carey did not practice on Sunday.
Just as an FYI, there won't be nearly as much live news from Lions practice after Sunday. This is why:
FYI: Today last open practice. Starting tomorrow, we are prohibited from live tweeting. Updates come after practice— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 19, 2012
Patrick Edwards had a good practice.
WR Patrick Edwards having good workout. Several nice catches in team drills.— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 19, 2012
- Jim Schwartz liked what he saw from Ryan Broyles both on Sunday and Friday.
Schwartz praised Ryan Broyles' effort in Sunday. Also was pleased with his limited reps Fri vs Balt. "He gets open"— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 19, 2012
- Dave Birkett reports that Rodney Austin got work as the second-team right guard and the third-team center on Sunday. He may be playing his way into the conversation for a spot on the team, and at the very least he's a good bet to make the practice squad.
- Schwartz thinks the Lions improved quite a bit in stopping the run from Week 1 to Week 2 of the preseason.
- Bill Bentley was back at first-team cornerback on Sunday, while Jacob Lacey returned to nickelback.
- The Lions' first-team safeties once again were John Wendling and Erik Coleman. Ricardo Silva and Amari Spievey worked as the second-team safeties.
- Hopefully these guys had a good practice after what happened on Friday:
- Patrick Edwards returned punts for the Lions on Sunday.