Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson were quite good during the preseason, to say the least.
Stafford's final preseason numbers: 26-37 for 360 yds, 3 TDs, 1 Int. Completion percentage: 70.3. QB Rating: 116.9— Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) August 30, 2012
Since Calvin Johnson's day is done, his preseason stats: 9 rec, 178 yds. 2 TD 19.8 YPC avg. Impressive even in preseason— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 30, 2012
A few hundred Boise State fans were in attendance on Thursday night for the Lions' game against the Buffalo Bills. Why? Well, Boise State is set to play at Michigan State on Friday night, and Broncos fans decided to come out to support Kellen Moore and Titus Young, who didn't play. Young was quite impressed with the turnout.
Titus Young on BSU fans: "They were there before anybody in Detroit. I was like, Wow. This is forever. Boise State is bleed blue for real."— Brian Murphy (@murphsturph) August 31, 2012
- This is just a great quote from Mikel Leshoure:
Best part of Leshoure's effort waspower vs tacklers. He said: " I try to bring contact before somebody brings it to me.— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 31, 2012
- Leshoure's suspension during the first two weeks of the season won't prevent him from being around the team. He can't practice or play in a game, obviously, but he will be allowed to attend meetings and lift weights, according to Tim Twentyman.
- If the replacement officials do in fact end up working Week 1 of the regular season, Shannon Eastin, a female official, is reportedly scheduled to work the Lions' game against the St. Louis Rams.
- During Friday night's game, safety Ricardo Silva left with an arm injury and safety Reshard Langford left with a calf injury.
- Riley Reiff got work at both offensive tackle and guard on Friday night.