On Sunday night, the Detroit Lions held a brief practice at Ford Field. According to Tim Twentyman, 12,409 fans attended the practice, which was followed by a concert. Here's a look at some notes from the practice:
- The list of players who didn't practice included RB Mikel Leshoure, WR Nate Hughes, OT Jonathan Scott, DE Cliff Avril, CB Chris Houston, S and S .
- Avril's first full practice will be on Wednesday.
- WR Titus Young practiced and wore a sleeve on his left leg.
- Young, along with WR Nate Burleson, apparently put on quite a show during practice.
Titus and Nate with back-to-back touchdowns on one-on-one drills fires up the Ford Field crowd. Nate adds a spike.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 5, 2012
Burleson with another TD and this time jumps into the crowd. That drew a smile from Schwartz— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 5, 2012
Nate Burleson jumped into the crowd after a touchdown pass at practice... said he's working on a name for it, but likes "Motor City Bounce."— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) August 6, 2012
- CB Bill Bentley put on a show of his own on the defensive side of the ball.
Bill Bentley drawing roars from— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) August 5, 2012
#Lions crowd. Picking off Stafford and first team offense a couple times already tonight.