- When the Detroit Lions take on the Cleveland Browns on Friday, they will be going up against a rookie starting quarterback. The Browns named Brandon Weeden their starter on Monday in a move that came as no surprise. I just hope Ndamukong Suh doesn't welcome Weeden to the NFL with anything that could be considered a fineable offense.
- Apparently Jason Hanson's kids like to mess around with their dad's appearance and abilities in the Madden video game series.
"My kids would put me in the backfield and then they would go to the player profile," Hanson said. "And they'd make me like 300 pounds and put tattoos, and they'd give me a neck roll. And my speed was like a 6.4 40 (yard dash), and I'd be out of the backfield in slow motion. I was getting wrecked and my kids loved it."
- Lions offensive line coach George Yarno is "pleased" with the progress Riley Reiff has made so far.
- Corey Williams thinks the Lions' second-team defensive line is as good as some starting defensive lines.
- Kid Rock's brother attended Sunday's Lions practice at Ford Field.
- Former Lions wide receiver Rashied Davis has re-signed with the Chicago Bears.
- Wide receiver Marcus Harris, who was released by the Lions last month, has signed with the Tennessee Titans.
- Terrell Owens has returned to the NFL by signing with the Seattle Seahawks.