Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE
Lions notes looks at Nathan Overbay, Ron Jaworski's thoughts on Matthew Stafford and much more.
- The Detroit Lions signed tight end Nathan Overbay to a futures deal on Monday, according to Tim Twentyman. Overbay spent time on the Lions practice squad in 2011 and was with the team for most of training camp last summer.
- Ron Jaworski has Matthew Stafford 20th in his quarterback rankings. While I disagree with him being that low, I do agree with Jaworski in that Stafford "needs to get back to the fundamentals." Stafford's game could use some work this offseason.
- Lions general manager Martin Mayhew has no plans to change the team's philosophy of drafting the best player available. What this means for the No. 5 pick is that you should expect the Lions to take the best player on their board rather than potentially reach for need.
- Mike O'Hara has a good article on Calvin Johnson Sr.
- O'Hara also has an interesting tidbit about the teams left in the NFL playoffs for the NFC:
Nate Burleson recently provided some good insight on how Titus Young needs to change his attitude if he ever wants to return as a contributing member of the Lions.
- The Lions' crazy overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans was recently named the most watchable game from the past regular season.
Reminder: You can follow Pride Of Detroit on Twitter and like us on Facebook.