- DeAndre Levy is currently tied for the NFL lead in interceptions with 4 already this season. As a team, the Detroit Lions are tied for first in interceptions in the NFL with 10. Last year, they only had 11 interceptions in 16 games, as noted by Tim Twentyman.
- The Lions have already matched their win total from last year. They finished 2012 with four wins, and they already have that many this year in only six games.
- Considering he had 3 touchdowns on Sunday, Joseph Fauria should probably start planning for more than one celebration going into a game.
TE @BigJoeFauria had one touchdown dance planned (gas pedal) for Sunday's game and had to "reach in my back pocket for some more"— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 14, 2013
- These two stats about Fauria are pretty great:
Joseph Fauria's 5 TD catches rank sixth in the NFL. He has 9 targets, while everyone else in the top 40 has at least 24 targets.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 14, 2013
The 16 TEs drafted in 2013 have combined for 6 TDs. UDFA Joseph Fauria has 5 by himself.— SideLion Report (@SideLionReport) October 14, 2013
- This is a pretty great stat about Sam Martin:
Martin first Lions P to record 5+ punts, 47.0+ net average, 3+ inside the 20 and 0 TB in game since net punting became a statistic in 1976.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 14, 2013
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions game against the Cincinnati Bengals (on CBS) are going to be Marv Albert and Rich Gannon.
- The Dallas Cowboys, which will come to Ford Field to play the Lions a week from Sunday, are dealing with two key injuries. Running back DeMarco Murray could be out this week after injuring his knee on Sunday night, and defensive end DeMarcus Ware is expected to be out 3-4 weeks after injuring his quad.
- Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Perry reportedly has a broken foot, and he's not the only Packers player who got hurt on Sunday.
Mike McCarthy gives Packers' James Jones a chance to return this week but Randall Cobb will miss multiple weeks with knee injury.— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) October 14, 2013
- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Desmond Bishop suffered a torn ACL on Sunday.