- These three stats about Calvin Johnson are just amazing:
Entering Week 8 Calvin Johnson ranked 20th in NFL in rec. yards with 492. After Sunday he jumped 20 spots and now leads the NFL with 821.
Calvin Johnson in 1 day had almost 40% of receiving yds (329) that Charles Rogers & Mike Williams produced in 5 combined YRs (889) w #Lions.— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) October 28, 2013
- Take notes, Dez Bryant:
Asked #Lions Calvin Johnson if he had ever went off on a QB on sideline. Said from HS to Stafford-NEVER. "They have enough to worry about"— Laura Okmin (@LauraOkmin) October 28, 2013
- Peter King wrote a column on Matthew Stafford and the Lions' final drive against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Stafford is on the verge of breaking the Lions' all-time passing record.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Ziggy Ansah's ankle injury is "considered minor."
Chris Houston got the Lions' defensive game ball for his performance on Sunday.
- Why didn't the Lions use Joseph Fauria down by the goal line on Sunday? Jim Schwartz explained the thinking on Monday:
Schwartz said Fauria's DNP near goal line because Lions used a lot of 3-WR sets to keep Dallas in nickel packages.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 28, 2013
Schwartz also clarified that the Lions didn't bench Micheal Spurlock. Instead, he claims Spurlock was simply the odd man out with the Lions having eight offensive linemen active, although he declined to say who will be the returner going forward.
- It turns out that Schwartz's daughter left Sunday's game early because she had a soccer game.
- It's not often that teams turn the ball over four times and win anyway, but the Lions did exactly that on Sunday.
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Lions quotes: Jim Schwartz's comments from Monday's press conference
- VIDEO: Matthew Stafford mic'd up for Lions' game-winning drive vs. Cowboys
- Lions quotes: Players comment on win over Cowboys
- Lions teammates of the week: Offensive line
- Ryan Broyles injury: Lions WR out for season after rupturing Achilles