Larry Warford is among the nominees for the Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week award.
- Here's another Detroit Lions record that was broken on Sunday:
With 2 TDs last week Stafford/Johnson now have 36 TDs together, breaking the #Lions record (35) set by Scott Mitchell/Herman Moore (1994-98)— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) November 12, 2013
- This is a pretty remarkable change in such a short span of time:
Lions were ranked 29th in NFL against the run heading into the Cincinnati game. They are currently 8th. They've jumped 21 spots in 3 weeks.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 12, 2013
- To go along with that last stat, here's another one about how stellar the run defense has been as of late:
- Grantland's Bill Barnwell highlighted Jim Schwartz's "bad habit of forgetting (or choosing not) to use his timeouts in key moments on defense" as one of the worst coaching calls of Week 10. This has really been a problem throughout the season for Schwartz.
- This is pretty much the best response possible to Brandon Marshall's comments about the Lions and the city of Detroit:
Rob Sims on his reaction to Marshall's comments: "I don't really have one. We swept them"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 12, 2013
- FYI: A replay of the Lions' win over the Chicago Bears will be shown on NFL Network at 9 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Defensive tackle Vaughn Martin visited the Lions on Tuesday, likely for a workout. The Lions reportedly had interest in him last offseason.
- The Houston Texans released safety Ed Reed on Tuesday. I'd really like to thank them for not bringing back Glover Quin, which in turn allowed him to sign with the Lions.