- The Detroit Lions did not end up having a team-wide players-only meeting. However, the Lions' "leadership council" -- a group of 15-20 players -- did meet for around 15 minutes on Monday. MLive has the full story.
- I'm with you, Louis Delmas. The Lions can't afford to lose on Thanksgiving.
Louis Delmas called Thursday's game a must-win. Some others wouldn't quite go there.
- Aaron Rodgers was able to practice for the Green Bay Packers on Tuesday, but he hasn't actually been cleared by doctors to play. As a result, all signs point to Matt Flynn starting on Thanksgiving against the Lions.
- The Lions are set to be favored in a Thanksgiving Day game for the first time since 2000. The Lions haven't won on Thanksgiving since 2003.
- Thursday's game will be the 200th of Dominic Raiola's career.
- As noted by Tim Twentyman, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush are both among the top six players in the NFC in total yards from scrimmage.
- The month of November has not been kind to Matthew Stafford over the years.
Stafford's passer rating by month: Sept. (87.3), Oct. (89.8), Nov. (73.3), Dec. (88.5). Can we postpone Thanksgiving a week?— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 26, 2013
- Turnover margin has not been kind to the Lions over the last month or so.
STAT: Lions went from a +5 turnover ratio (T-6) heading into Dallas to a -7 ratio after TB (T-26). 8 INT, 5 fumbles over that span.— Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) November 26, 2013
- Brandon Hepburn was recently involved in a car accident that seriously injured the driver of the other car in the crash. Hepburn is a member of the Lions practice squad, as is Xavier Proctor, who was in the car with him at the time.
- Former Lions fullback Shaun Chapas has landed with the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad.