Baltimore Ravens safety Matt Elam praised Calvin Johnson by describing him as "big, fast, athletic, unstoppable, freak." However, Elam also called Johnson "pretty old" and questioned Megatron's physicality. Johnson is only 28, and he definitely isn't afraid of contact, but thanks for the bulletin board material, Mr. Elam.
- The Lions filled the open spot on their practice squad by signing wide receiver Cody Wilson, who was with the team last summer.
- Here's the latest Pro Bowl voting update for Lions players:
- Reggie Bush, who re-aggravated his calf injury while jogging before last Sunday's game, is planning on playing on Monday night against the Ravens.
Jeremy Ross was somehow not named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week. This pretty much sums up how ridiculous it is that Phil Dawson got the award instead:
So kicking 4 FGs (2 of which were under 25 yards) is more impressive than RUNNING FOR TWO SPECIAL TEAMS TOUCHDOWNS IN A BLIZZARD?— Jeremy Reisman (@DetroitOnLion) December 11, 2013
Ryan Broyles recently provided an update on his latest recovery from a serious injury.
- SideLion Report took a look at how the Lions under Jim Schwartz compare to expansion teams. It's a pretty interesting piece.
- The Washington Redskins have shut down Robert Griffin III for the season and are going to start Kirk Cousins to finish 2013. What a mess.
- This could very well be Jay Cutler's final season in Chicago.
- The 2014 NFL salary cap is expected to be set at $126.3 million, up from $123 million this year.