- After being called "pretty old" by Baltimore Ravens safety Matt Elam earlier in the week, Calvin Johnson provided a response on Thursday:
Calvin johnson laughed about matt elam's old comment said 'I am getting kind of old I can show him that old-man strength'
Calvin Johnson on conference call: 'Just safeties, nothing extraordinary. Those are definitely guys we can make plays on.'— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) December 12, 2013
- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco had a pretty funny response to Elam's comments:
Flacco on Elam's comments: "Dude, what are you thinking? It's Calvin Johnson, man."— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) December 12, 2013
Nate Burleson, unsurprisingly, had a pretty funny response as well:
Nate Burleson on Matt Elam calling Calvin old: "It's like, kids say the darndest things? Rookies say the darndest things."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 12, 2013
Burleson on old comments: "Make sure we take all our medication and lube these old bones up. We’ll see what happens on Monday night."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 12, 2013
- Ravens head coach John Harbaugh, by the way, said Johnson "transcends even the position." Harbaugh also said that Johnson is "one of the greatest players of our time."
- In other news, Burleson basically said this week that the Detroit Lions' biggest opponent is themselves. Considering all of the turnover issues they've had as of late, I'd agree with that.
- Lions defensive linemen are definitely enjoying the fact that they were called "scumbags" leading up to the Thanksgiving game.
Kyle Meinke reports that Cody Wilson was working as a youth pastor before he was signed to the Lions' practice squad this week.
- Chris McCosky has a good piece on what Dylan Gandy brings to the Lions.
- This about sums up Ndamukong Suh's holding penalty in Philadelphia:
Ndamukong Suh on penalty vs. Eagles I don't know how I could hold someone and jump at the same time. "I guess I am supernatural."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) December 12, 2013
Jay Cutler is officially going to start for the Chicago Bears on Sunday.