- Matthew Stafford has been struggling quite a bit as of late, but the Detroit Lions don't have any plans to make a change at quarterback. Here's what Jim Schwartz said about that possibility on Tuesday:
Schwartz said he's never considered replacing Stafford. Said he does need to play better and guys need to play better around him— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 17, 2013
- Schwartz didn't really have anything to say when asked about his job status on Tuesday. This isn't a big surprise or anything, because there's not really anything he can say at this point.
- It looks like the Lions might get Chris Houston and Darius Slay back this week.
- Brandon Pettigrew's status is up in the air after he suffered an ankle injury on Monday night.
- Sam Martin didn't kick off on Monday because he had groin tightness. He was able to punt, but the Lions didn't want him to do kickoffs on top of that.
- Grantland's Bill Barnwell wrote a good piece on the Lions and their struggles.
- If the Lions decide to make a coaching change, Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien could be a very intriguing candidate.
No idea how Detroit will move forward, but I'll say this: I heard Bill O'Brien's name a lot at Ford Field last night.— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurke_SI) December 17, 2013
- MLive's Q&A last week was with Devin Taylor.
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans, who is 6'5. Yes please.
- Sports on Earth took a very interesting look at the NFL's best and worst announcers.