- With Israel Idonije being ruled out for Sunday's game, the Detroit Lions decided to put him on injured reserve. In turn, they used the open roster spot to sign safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from their practice squad.
- Unsurprisingly, these comments by Matthew Stafford on Friday have not gone over well with anyone:
Asked Matthew Stafford why he wouldn't want to work with a QB guru. Response: "It's not my thing."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 27, 2013
Stafford on working with a QB guru: "It’s not something that I feel would be my style or beneficial to me."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 27, 2013
Pro Football Focus' Pro Bowl team included Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Larry Warford and Ndamukong Suh. I don't quite get why Stafford was included considering that his turnover problems played a big role in the Lions' collapse this season.
- Because Suh made the actual Pro Bowl, he received a $1 million raise for next year, making his cap hit even more ridiculous.
Pro Bowl nod for Lions DT Ndamukong Suh adds $1 million to his 2014 base salary. Already enormous cap number rises to $22.4125 million— Brian McIntyre (@brian_mcintyre) December 28, 2013
Dominic Raiola and Rashean Mathis are both hoping to return to the Lions next season.
- Understandably, Mikel Leshoure just wants to play for a team that will actually use him next season.
- This is one of the wilder stats I've seen about the Jim Schwartz era:
#Lions went 4-24 in first 28 games under Jim Schwartz. Then went 9-0. Since then: 16-26.— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) December 27, 2013
Carlin Isles, who signed with the Lions as a member of their practice squad earlier this week, is hoping to make the 2016 Olympics with the United States' rugby team.
- Speaking of Isles, he's already gotten a chance to show off his speed in practice with the Lions.
Head coach had me race one of the faster dudes on team And I won yay lol today was a fun day great people on the Detroit lions football team— Carlin Isles (@Carlin_Isles) December 27, 2013
Aaron Rodgers is going to start on Sunday when the Green Bay Packers take on the Chicago Bears for the NFC North title.
- Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien has reportedly scheduled an interview with the Houston Texans.