- There were a whole bunch of fines handed out for the Thanksgiving game between the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers. Take a look:
Fines from the GB game. Williams $26,250 for contact with game official, Levy $15,750, Matthews $15,750, Durham $7,875 and Quin $7,875.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) December 6, 2013
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, the Lions/Packers game did quite well from a ratings standpoint.
- The Detroit News' John Niyo has a great piece on Joique Bell's NFL journey that ultimately led him back to Detroit.
- The Lions' second kicker workout this week featured Shayne Graham, Neil Rackers and Giorgio Tavecchio, according to Aaron Wilson. The first one featured Havard Rugland and a couple other kickers.
David Akers said "it's part of the business" when he was asked this week about the Lions working out kickers. Clearly, he's aware that he has to perform at a high level to remain the Lions' kicker going forward.
- The Lions are the best goal-line team in all of the NFL.
Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers are both out again this week. A Lions win combined with losses by the Chicago Bears and Packers would put Detroit in position to clinch the division as early as Week 15.
- The Houston Texans fired head coach Gary Kubiak on Friday.
- I'll just leave this here:
THE NFC NORTH pic.twitter.com/EHegENxT7K— Dave Rappoccio (@DrawPlayDave) December 4, 2013