Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE
Lions notes looks at Ford Field's new FieldTurf, Ndamukong Suh, Martin Mayhew and much more.
- The new FieldTurf at Ford Field has been installed. Personally, I like the picture that was taken after the old field was removed:
The concrete shows just how much paint has been used on the field over the years.
- Stephen Tulloch has been named the Detroit Lions Robert Porcher Man of the Year for his community service.
- Barry Sanders is a fan of Lions running back Mikel Leshoure.
- This year's edition of Madden is going to be titled "Madden NFL 25" in honor of the game's 25th anniversary. Once again, fans will vote for the player they want on the cover, and this year, current players and NFL legends will apparently be involved in the cover vote.
- WXYZ has a full transcript of Tom Leyden's conversation with Martin Mayhew from last week.
- Mayhew jokingly told Ndamukong Suh that he's a "Suh-per hero" after the story about him saving Louie Anderson came out.
- Speaking of Suh, he's no longer on Forbes' list of the most disliked athletes.
- Pro Football Focus has an interesting look at how often teams played with a lead, from behind and while tied in 2012. The Lions only had a lead for 20 percent of their offensive snaps, which was 27th in the league.
- Matthew Stafford attended the Michigan/Michigan State basketball game in East Lansing earlier this week.
- Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman thinks Calvin Johnson could someday reach 2,000 yards receiving in a single season.
- Rotoworld's Evan Silva put the Lions 17th in his roster quality rankings.
- Given what's happened the last four years, let's hope the Lions open their season at the Philadelphia Eagles.
- MLive has a look at new Lions senior personnel executive Brian Xanders' draft history.
- In former Lions news, Drew Stanton apparently could end up in Arizona with Bruce Arians and have a shot at competing for the Cardinals' starting quarterback job.
Reminder: You can follow Pride Of Detroit on Twitter and like us on Facebook.