USA TODAY Sports
Lions notes takes a look at various pieces of news from general manager Martin Mayhew's Friday media session.
- The Detroit Lions have already restructured the contracts of wide receiver Nate Burleson and center Dominic Raiola, and more restructures are on the way, according to general manager Martin Mayhew (via Tim Twentyman). Mayhew declined to say much more than that, but it's interesting nonetheless.
- What kind of cornerbacks does Mayhew like? Ones that have speed.
Martin Mayhew on evaluating CBs: "We like fast guys. Guys that run sub-4.5 I would say are fast"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) February 22, 2013
- According to Josh Katzenstein, Mayhew jokingly said on Friday that the Lions "could use seven impact starters." This was in response to a question about if the Lions need to get an impact starter with the fifth overall pick of the NFL Draft.
- Mayhew thinks there will be a deep pool of defensive end free agents this year, according to Mike O'Hara.
- Mayhew also thinks that this year's draft class has quite a few defensive ends and cornerbacks that fit the Lions' scheme, according to Twentyman.
- Mayhew seems pretty tired of the Manti Te'o story.
- The Lions' official site has video of an interview with Mayhew.