Two pre-combine scenarios for the 2013 NFL Draft:
1. Eric Fisher - OT Central Michigan: Protect the Franchise (Stafford)
2. Keenan Allen-WR California: Give the Franchise more weapons. Good pairing with Allen opposite of Megatron
3. David Amerson- Cb/ S North Carolina St.: one of the best ballhawks in this draft- Could move to safety.
4. (Compensatory) Cornelius Washington - DE/ OLB Georgia: played OLB at Georgia- could drop to DE for the Lions
5. Alvin Bailey- G Arkansas: Beef up the middle of the O-line. Big body, needs work but could be RG of the future
6. Quanterus Smith-DE Western Kentucky: Knee Problems, but has that good size/speed for Rt DE.
7. Chris Thompson- RB Florida St. : Injury concerns (not concussion problems). one of the most explosive RB's in this draft, a real play maker when healthy.
7. (Compensatory) Jake Knott-OLB Iowa St. : Great measurables needs time and coaching to develop, but has good upside.
1. Kenny Vaccaro- S Texas: Not Earl Thomas, but has great skill set to be a quality safety at the next level
2. Sam Montgomery- DE LSU: Falls to Second round because of the deep class of DE, and low amount of 4-3 Teams needing DE
3. Dallas Thomas- T/G Tennessee: Deep class of linemen- but he has physical tools to play 3-4 spots on the line.
4. (Compensatory) Travis Kelce-TE Cincinnati: Steal if he makes it to compensatory pick in the 4th.
Probable Pick: Zaviar Gooden-OLB Missouri: Had a solid Senior Bowl, could fill in nicely on the outside.
5. Marquess Wilson- Wr Washington St.: Big frame, but need to work on concentration- Megatron and Nate could take him under his wing, coach him up a bit.
6.Tharold Simon- CB LSU: Richard Sherman type size, could be a good pick up for a tough press man corner in later rounds.
7. Marcus Lattimore- RB S. Carolina: (tough to gauge draft stock) 1st round talent, but hard to judge if he will go into earlier rounds (2) mid rounds (3-4), late rounds(5-7) or undrafted Free Agency. Someone might take a chance on him earlier, but if he is there in round 7 for whatever reason, Lions need to roll the dice on this talented back. But as I said earlier- chances are he won't be here.
Alternate: Zack Boren-FB Ohio State: tough player, good leader, played a little LB for OSU when injuries occurred- worth the 7th round chance.
7. (compensatory) Cierre Wood- RB Notre Dame: Speedier back- could be good for third down/ passing downs as a more explosive threat than Leshoure/ Bell.- If no Lattimore
Alternate: Mark Jackson-OT Glenville State: Small school prospect, but has the size for a dominate Offensive Lineman, and could shift inside to guard.