The 2013 Pride Of Detroit Community Mock Draft is set to officially get started next week. The general manager assignments have been made, and the schedule for the picks is set. Below you can find the assignments and schedule, and you can also find a rundown of important rules and guidelines for the mock draft. Please read through them carefully. (Let me know in the comments if you have any questions.)
- You will receive an email notifying you when you are on the clock. Reply to the email with your pick, along with your write-up. The write-up should be at least a paragraph explaining why you made the pick. It can be as long as you want, but try to make it a paragraph at minimum. Also, please proofread the write-up to make sure it doesn't have any spelling/grammatical errors. No one's perfect, but I don't want it to be written like a text message. Even though it's not my work, I want it to look professional since it will reflect on the quality of POD. If I see a typo or something I will fix it, but please look it over before you send it to me so there aren't a bunch of mistakes to correct.
- As for when your pick should be made, check out the schedule below to see your deadline. The pick and write-up need to be sent by the date and time in the deadline column. If you miss your deadline, I may be forced to go to an alternate since the next GM won't be able to make his team's selection until all of the previous picks are in. If one person misses their deadline, it will slow down the whole thing.
Keeping that in mind, I would prefer it if you send in your pick as soon as you decide it. The write-up can wait until the deadline, but the earlier you get your pick in, the quicker I can let the next GM know who is still available.
- Make sure to look at the schedule right now and make note of when your pick will be due. If there is a conflict or something like that, let me know as soon as possible so we can get it worked out.
- When a pick is e-mailed to me, I will e-mail the next GM to let him know he is on the clock. I will include an updated list of picks in my e-mail so the GM knows who is still available. My e-mail is going to be sent to whatever address is listed on your SB Nation account. If you want it to be sent to a different one for whatever reason, let me know right now by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to time restrictions, there will be no trades.
- Please do not talk about picks that haven't been posted on the site until they are actually posted. That way we can make sure the reveal of each pick is somewhat exciting. Comments about picks that haven't already been posted will be deleted.
- Perhaps the most important rule of all is to DO RESEARCH. I can't stress this one enough. Don't wait until the last minute to get an idea of what your team's needs are. Check out the SB Nation blog for your team, go to draft websites or whatever; just make sure to do research. That way you can put together a list of a few players you have in mind and won't go past the deadline for when your pick is due.
- As far as draft strategy goes, it is really up to you. You can go with the player you think should be picked or you can go with the player you think will actually be picked. Obviously I would like you to keep it realistic and not go off the wall, but at the end of the day you're the GM for your team in this draft.
- The last two things I will mention are to have fun with this and try to be efficient with your picks. Like I said, if you already know what your pick is going to be, then I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me right away. You can wait to get me the write-up until the deadline if you want, but the earlier the better for your picks. That way we can get ahead of schedule, making life easier on all of the GMs who are waiting around to see who has been selected before they make their pick.
Below is the order/schedule of picks. If alternates are needed, I will consult the sign-up post and choose someone who wanted to be involved but didn't get selected.
||Deadline for pick (Eastern Time)
|1||Kansas City Chiefs||BBlades||Monday, April 1, 11 a.m.|
|2||Jacksonville Jaguars||Latif Masud||Monday, April 1, 4 p.m.|
|3||Oakland Raiders||DrewsLions||Monday, April 1, 9 p.m.|
|4||Philadelphia Eagles||n4ry4||Tuesday, April 2, 11 a.m.|
|5||Detroit Lions||Jeremy Reisman||Tuesday, April 2, 4 p.m.|
|6||Cleveland Browns||Bighaircut||Tuesday, April 2, 9 p.m.|
|7||Arizona Cardinals||Reno09||Wednesday, April 3, 11 a.m.|
|8||Buffalo Bills||CLF||Wednesday, April 3, 4 p.m.
|9||New York Jets||msivits||Wednesday, April 3, 9 p.m.|
|10||Tennessee Titans||detroit_fan||Thursday, April 4, 11 a.m.|
|11||San Diego Chargers||David Tokarz||Thursday, April 4, 4 p.m.|
|12||Miami Dolphins||JazzyBBP||Thursday, April 4, 9 p.m.|
|13||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Twincities88||Friday, April 5, 11 a.m.|
|14||Carolina Panthers||cram9030||Friday, April 5, 4 p.m.|
|15||New Orleans Saints||Lead Hunter||Friday, April 5, 9 p.m.|
|16||St. Louis Rams||Wayne Fontes||Saturday, April 6, 11 a.m.|
|17||Pittsburgh Steelers||sgdbw90||Saturday, April 6, 4 p.m.|
|18||Dallas Cowboys||Jerry Mallory||Saturday, April 6, 9 p.m.|
|19||New York Giants||NorthLeft12||Sunday, April 7, 11 a.m.|
|20||Chicago Bears||lions fan displaced in las vegas||Sunday, April 7, 4 p.m.|
|21||Cincinnati Bengals||Northern Lite||Sunday, April 7, 9 p.m.|
|22||St. Louis Rams (From WAS)||Wayne Fontes||Monday, April 8, 11 a.m.|
|23||Minnesota Vikings||DLions4Eva||Monday, April 8, 4 p.m.|
|24||Indianapolis Colts||Hyperion Ecta||Monday, April 8, 9 p.m.|
|25||Minnesota Vikings (From SEA)||DLions4Eva||Tuesday, April 9, 11 a.m.|
|26||Green Bay Packers||Jettero2112||Tuesday, April 9, 4 p.m.|
|27||Houston Texans||Rip61||Tuesday, April 9, 9 p.m.|
|28||Denver Broncos||BtotheLT||Wednesday, April 10, 11 a.m.|
|29||New England Patriots||tjwGOblue||Wednesday, April 10, 4 p.m.|
|30||Atlanta Falcons||ATL Lion||Wednesday, April 10, 9 p.m.|
|31||San Francisco 49ers||JCruize||Thursday, April 11, 11 a.m.|
|32||Baltimore Ravens||lions_sucker||Thursday, April 11, 4 p.m.|
||Deadline for pick (Eastern Time)|
|33||Jacksonville Jaguars||Latif Masud||Thursday, April 11, 9 p.m.|
|34||San Francisco 49ers (From KC)||JCruize||Friday, April 12, 11 a.m.|
|35||Philadelphia Eagles||n4ry4||Friday, April 12, 4 p.m.|
|36||Detroit Lions||Jeremy Reisman||Friday, April 12, 9 p.m.|
|37||Cincinnati Bengals (From OAK)||Northern Lite||Saturday, April 13, 11 a.m.|
|38||Arizona Cardinals||Reno09||Saturday, April 13, 4 p.m.|
|39||New York Jets||mgoblue4ever||Saturday, April 13, 9 p.m.|
|40||Tennessee Titans||detroit_fan||Sunday, April 14, 11 a.m.|
|41||Buffalo Bills||CLF||Sunday, April 14, 4 p.m.|
|42||Miami Dolphins||JazzyBBP||Sunday, April 14, 9 p.m.|
|43||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Twincities88||Monday, April 15, 11 a.m.|
|44||Carolina Panthers||cram9030||Monday, April 15, 4 p.m.|
|45||San Diego Chargers||David Tokarz||Monday, April 15, 9 p.m.|
|46||St. Louis Rams||Wayne Fontes||Tuesday, April 16, 11 a.m.|
|47||Dallas Cowboys||Jerry Mallory||Tuesday, April 16, 4 p.m.|
|48||Pittsburgh Steelers||sgdbw90||Tuesday, April 16, 9 p.m.|
|49||New York Giants||NorthLeft12||Wednesday, April 17, 11 a.m.|
|50||Chicago Bears||lions fan displaced in las vegas||Wednesday, April 17, 4 p.m.|
|51||Washington Redskins||Yoda34||Wednesday, April 17, 9 p.m.|
|52||Minnesota Vikings||DLions4Eva||Thursday, April 18, 11 a.m.|
|53||Cincinnati Bengals||Northern Lite||Thursday, April 18, 4 p.m.|
|54||Miami Dolphins (From IND)||JazzyBBP||Thursday, April 18, 9 p.m.|
|55||Green Bay Packers||Jettero2112||Friday, April 19, 11 a.m.|
|56||Seattle Seahawks||Twon82||Friday, April 19, 4 p.m.|
|57||Houston Texans||Rip61||Friday, April 19, 9 p.m.|
|58||Denver Broncos||BtotheLT||Saturday, April 20, 11 a.m.|
||New England Patriots||tjwGOblue||Saturday, April 20, 4 p.m.|
|60||Atlanta Falcons||ATL Lion||Saturday, April 20, 9 p.m.|
|61||San Francisco 49ers||JCruize||Sunday, April 21, 11 a.m.|
|62||Baltimore Ravens||lions_sucker||Sunday, April 21, 4 p.m.|