For starters, Happy Easter to everyone!
So I have mocked the first four picks as I see them happening which leads into my Lions mock draft.
1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M - I can see a trade for Brandon Albert happening during the draft, fits need, position value and draft value.
2. Jacksonville - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia - Gus Bradley needs a new face to the franchise, Gabbert and Henne aren't doing it on the field and will never help put fans in the stands.
3. Oakland - Sheriff Floyd, DT, Florida - Richard Seymor's replacement. The team is very thin at the DT spot and need to add talent anywhere.
4. Philadelphia - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon - No one knows this guy like Chip Kelly. All everyone thinks is that Chip is offense but the addition of Dion to the Philly's new 3-4 will be a great addition.
5. Detroit - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - Tough to get excited for offensive trench players but I think we would all have a huge smile on our faces if this happened. With the retirement of Backus, this is a must move. Don't consider trading back in this situation, just go up there with your pick and make it happen.
2nd round - I would consider two things here, trading the pick to Philadelphia for Vinny Curry, DE from Marshal that was selected last year, he doesn't fit at all in their new 3-4 scheme and would be a great addition to our team.
Cornelius "Tank" Carradine - DE, Florida State. Dude is a monster and if he wasn't injured last season he would have been an instant first round pick.
3rd round - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky - Our road grader has arrived.
4th round - Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State - Some additional pass rushing capabilities from a linebacker, yes please.
5th round - Montari Hughes, DT, Tennessee Martin - The DT depth we need behind Suh and Fairley is Hughes, a very strong DT with great size.
6th round - David Bass, DE, Missouri Western - Another DE who coached up could cause serious havoc.
7th round(s) - I am going specialist Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida and Ryan Allen, P, Louisiana Tech. Hanson is still reliable but sooner or later we need to add his future replacement. And not once did anyone say, man is Nick Harris any good in the past 12 months. Bring in Ryan Allen, lead all college punters in average at something like 47-48 yards, booming leg. Yes please.
Again, happy Easter. Thoughts?