USA TODAY Sports
Lions notes looks at Lawrence Jackson, Cliff Avril, Reggie Bush and much more.
- Defensive end Lawrence Jackson is hoping to re-sign with the Detroit Lions, and he'd like to compete for the starting left end job since he feels like that is a "more natural" position for him.
- Defensive end Cliff Avril is reportedly drawing interest from "multiple" teams that run a 3-4 defense.
- Sports Illustrated's Peter King has Avril No. 1 on his 2013 free agent rankings.
- MLive's Anwar Richardson did a Q&A with Avril.
- New Lions punter Blake Clingan paid his own way to his tryout earlier this week. Considering he earned a contract, I'd say it was more than worth it.
- Kickers Havard Rugland (the "Norwegian kicking sensation") and Justin Medlock tried out for the Lions this week.
- What might Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford's eventual contract extension look like? MLive's Justin Rogers has a good breakdown.
- Speaking of Stafford, Rotoworld has a look at "what went wrong" for him last season.
- If the Lions end up signing running back Reggie Bush and you need some convincing that they made a good move, read this story from Grantland.
- ESPN's KC Joyner thinks the Lions are one of the five best fits for free-agent wide receiver Wes Welker.
- Pro Football Focus put together a look at performance based value for the Lions.
- The DUI case for Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley is still unresolved.
- FOX Sports' Peter Schrager likes what he saw on last year's film of Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.
Been watching Lions film to see what Sammie Lee Hill can do...and Ndamukong Suh is dominating. He was excellent last year. Better than 2011.— P. Schrager (@PSchrags) March 7, 2013
It's not fashionable to talk up Suh, but I slept on how good he was last season. Emergence of Fairley helps, yes, but vice versa there.— P. Schrager (@PSchrags) March 7, 2013
- As noted by SideLion Report, it looks like the Lions may be getting blue end zones with their new FieldTurf.
- Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher is set to visit a double-digit amount of teams, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.
- Arrowhead Pride has a great write-up on Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner.
- Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore did 19 reps on the bench press at his pro day, which is up from 12 at the combine.
- Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu is apparently working out in Detroit. Why? That is currently unknown.