Lawrence Jackson wasn't the only Detroit Lions free agent who visited the Minnesota Vikings this week. They also hosted cornerback Jacob Lacey for a visit. Lacey worked out for the Oakland Raiders last week and remains a free agent.
- New Lions safety Glover Quin has picked 27 as his jersey number.
- A 2010 re-draft on NFL.com has the Lions taking linebacker NaVorro Bowman second overall instead of defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.
- Mike Mayock is a big fan of Lane Johnson.
Mayock on Lane Johnson possibly going No. 5 to Detroit: "I would pull the plug on him in a heartbeat. I really believe in Lane Johnson."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 18, 2013
- I did an interview with theScore.com to help preview what the Lions might do in the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Stephen Tulloch recently talked about each of the three players in the mix to take over the vacant starting spot at outside linebacker.
- As pointed out by Tim Twentyman, the Lions will be the Vikings' final opponent at the Metrodome unless they host a playoff game. In 2014, the Vikings are moving to TCF Bank Stadium as they wait for their new stadium to be built.
- NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has released his top 50 2013 NFL Draft rankings.
- Based on how well his workout on Saturday went, Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine probably isn't going to make it to the second round. The Lions attended his workout, and they will likely have to trade back into the first round (or down from No. 5) to get him.
- It's not a wise idea to base strength of schedule off of what happened the previous season, as evidenced by this post from CBS Sports.