- Ezekiel Ansah flew to Detroit with Barry Sanders and was welcomed at the airport by Calvin Johnson.
- The Free Press has video of Ansah meeting a couple fans at the Lions' facility.
- "Ziggy," Ansah's nickname, originated from a friend in Ghana.
- Ansah is glad the BYU basketball coach cut him, as that led to him becoming a football player.
- BYU's commencement was on Thursday, so Ansah held his own ceremony with his family in New York.
- Ansah displayed a great sense of humor during his introductory press conference, and I especially liked this line:
Ziggy: "If you love somebody, you want to grab them. I love quarterbacks." #lionsdraft
- He's a quick learner, it seems:
I asked Ziggy what he planned to buy with his rookie contract, "I don't know, haven't thought about it, probably a Ford or a Lincoln."— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) April 26, 2013
- It turns out the Lions gave Ansah No. 94; he didn't actually pick it.
- Sanders is going to make a cameo on The League.
- Sanders met Snoop Lion when he was in New York.
- Lawrence Jackson explained that he decided to sign with the Minnesota Vikings in part because he "fell outta love with the wide 9."
- Aaron Rodgers just got PAID. The Green Bay Packers have given him an extension that makes him the highest-paid player in NFL history. Here's the breakdown on his new deal:
Aaron Rodgers new contract: 5 years, $110M. That's $22M per. $40M in the first year (wow). Over $62M in the first three years.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 26, 2013