The Detroit Lions went into their rookie minicamp this past weekend with 89 players under contract. This left one spot open on their roster, and they decided to fill it on Monday by signing Central Michigan offensive guard/center Darren Keyton to a three-year deal.
Keyton was one of 21 players who attended the Lions' rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. The expectation was for one of them to land a deal with the Lions at the conclusion of the minicamp, and the former Chippewa ended up getting a contract.
This move brings the Lions to 90 players on their roster, and it gives them 12 undrafted free agents for 2013:
- QB Alex Carder (Western Michigan)
- RB Steven Miller (Appalachian State)
- WR Cody Wilson (Central Michigan)
- TE Joseph Fauria (UCLA)
- OT Austin Holtz (Ball State)
- OT LaAdrian Waddle (Texas Tech)
- OG Darren Keyton (Central Michigan)
- C Skyler Allen (Ohio)
- DT Michael Brooks (East Carolina)
- LB Jon Morgan (Albany)
- LB Alex Elkins (Oklahoma State)
- S Martavius Neloms (Kentucky)