- Rotoworld's Evan Silva likes the Detroit Lions' move to sign defensive end Israel Idonije.
- As noted by Mike O'Hara, the Lions' D-line has another connection to a country in Africa with Idonije joining the team.
Lions' D-line covering Africa continent. Ziggy Ansah born in Ghana. Israel Idonije born in Nigeria. Suh family roots in Cameroon.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) June 25, 2013
- Idonije will wear No. 77 for the Lions and new safety Chris Hope will wear No. 43.
- The NFL has created the Deacon Jones Award, which will be given each year to the player with the most sacks.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed former Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop earlier this week.
- The New England Patriots released tight end Aaron Hernandez on Wednesday. Later in the day, he was charged with murder and five gun-related charges.