- Matthew Stafford "was a champ though the entire process" of negotiations on his contract extension, according to a Detroit Lions source who spoke with Jason La Canfora.
- Based on his original contract and his extension, it's possible that Stafford could earn more than $200 million by the time his career is over.
- Stafford will be closing in on the $100 million mark in the next few years.
Consider this: Stafford made $51M in first 4 years. Now has $43M due next 3 years. Before age 28, will have made $94M from Lions.— Andrew Brandt (@adbrandt) July 9, 2013
- In what is yet another sign of how awful the old system was for paying rookies, Stafford's extension actually has slightly less guaranteed money than his original contract ($41.5 million now vs. $41.7 million in his rookie contract).
- Kelly Hall, who is Stafford's girlfriend, is glad that she will be getting to stay in Michigan for at least the next five years.
- Good news for people who like good food:
Ford Field to get two more Slows stands, also adding Russell Street Deli and Corridor Sausage http://t.co/f6XRLXGZCO— Slows Bar Bq (@SlowsBBQ) July 9, 2013
- NFL.com has posted its fantasy football preview for the 2013 Lions.