- Who led the Detroit Lions out of the locker room on offense as training camp got underway? None other than Matthew Stafford, according to Mike O'Hara.
- Also according to O'Hara, Dominic Raiola is up to 315 pounds and apparently now has blond hair.
- In more important news, the Lions' first-team offense had Dylan Gandy at right guard and Corey Hilliard at right tackle. Jason Fox was the No. 2 right tackle.
- According to Mike Mady, Reggie Bush and Mikel Leshoure both got work with the first-team offense.
- During Friday's practice, Bush showed exactly why the Lions signed him.
Reggie Bush just broke a 60 yard td run and it wasn't one of those its-camp-so-im-gonna-just-let-you-go runs. It was legit
- Also per McCosky, Hilliard apparently struggled a bit going up against Jason Jones in the Lions' 11-on-11 drill.
- Calvin Johnson, as expected, did Calvin Johnson things on Day 1 of camp.
Calvin Johnson just blew past Darius Slay for a long completion from Stafford.— Mike Mady (@lionsreport) July 26, 2013
#Lions: Reggie Bush on Calvin Johnson: "I didn't understand what a freak of nature he is until I got here and saw some of stuff he does.'— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) July 26, 2013
- According to Tim Twentyman, Chaz Schilens, who just signed with the Lions, had "a couple of nice catches early on in practice."
- Joseph Fauria caught a touchdown pass from Shaun Hill during Friday's practice, but he might have gotten a bit banged up in the process.
Fauria makes an impressive td grab over Tulloch, but hits the ground hard. Trainers taking a look. He might just of had the wind knocked out— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 26, 2013