- As covered earlier, kickers David Akers and Havard Rugland each attempted four field goals on Day 2 of Detroit Lions training camp.
- After practice, Rugland took part in a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated, according to Dave Birkett.
- Former Lions kicker Eddie Murray attended Saturday's practice, according to Tim Twentyman.
- On Friday, it was mentioned by Justin Rogers that Sam Martin already appears to have the edge in the punting competition over Blake Clingan. Mike Mady also believes that is the case, as he called Martin the "heavy favorite" on Saturday.
- This is a pretty good sign that Akers and Martin are currently the favorites to win their respective position battles:
One telling item for the favorite to win the punting job is that Sam Martin has been holding for Akers while Clingan was holding for Rugland
- This was the only update on the returners from Saturday:
Steven Miller muffs his first PR opportunity of the day— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) July 27, 2013
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Lions training camp injury update: Louis Delmas misses practice, as expected
- Lions training camp: David Akers, Havard Rugland square off on Day 2
- Lions training camp: Watch Chris Houston try to cover Calvin Johnson
- Lions training camp: Day 2 open thread
- Lions quotes: Jim Schwartz's comments from Day 1 of training camp