- The Detroit Lions sent out Matthew Stafford, Nate Burleson, Ndamukong Suh and Don Muhlbach for the coin toss on Friday. Chances are they will be the Lions' captains this year.
- Burleson has taken over Kyle Vanden Bosch's role of getting the players fired up in the huddle after warm-ups.
Louis Delmas may not have played on Friday, but he still went through drills before the game.
- The first players out on the field before Friday's game were Dominic Raiola and former Lion Stephen Peterman.
- The Lions had Dylan Gandy start at right guard and Corey Hilliard start at right tackle on Friday. On defense, Ziggy Ansah started at right defensive end and Darius Slay started at right cornerback.
- The addition of Reggie Bush may already be changing how defenses play Calvin Johnson.
Stafford said he told Bush he's never seen a corner drop Calvin for anybody. Already seeing Bush's impact.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) August 10, 2013
- Friday was actually the first time Bush had ever been to Ford Field.
- You can check out video of Bush's hurdle from the first quarter of Friday's game here.
- Video of Ansah's pick six can be found here.
- Mix Diskerud, a soccer player for the United States Men's National Team who is from Norway, has taken notice of what Havard Rugland is doing.
What an initiative! Crazy individualism. @MrRugland is already a hero in my book. Lets hope his kicks serves the Lions of Detroit.— Mix Diskerud (@MixDiskerud) August 9, 2013
- Speaking of Rugland, hello to everybody from Norway who found Pride Of Detroit via this article.