- New Detroit Lions defensive back Rashean Mathis has practiced at both safety and nickelback, and he's actually already gotten some first-team reps at nickelback. Ron Bartell has also gotten some reps at nickelback recently.
- Cory Greenwood has been placed on injured reserve by the Lions. He was waived/injured earlier this week.
- This is pretty impressive:
There's no deeper group in the NFL right now than the Lions DTs. They've combined for 24 QB pressures in 2 preseason games.
- Ryan Broyles is 100 percent mentally, but his body apparently isn't quite to that point just yet.
- I think it's safe to say that Sam Martin will handle kickoffs for the Lions in the regular season.
Detroit Lions kicker David Akers told me he can't hang with Sam Martin with distance and hang time on kickoffs.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) August 18, 2013
- Larry Warford will step it up if he's called upon to start this year, but he's fine with waiting to play if that's what the coaches decide.
- Barry Sanders' new Pepsi MAX commercial is pretty funny.
- The Lions are ranked 27th in ESPN's Uni Watch Power Rankings.
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Lions vs. Patriots: 10 things to watch in third preseason game
- Lions notes: Detroit tried to trade Mike Thomas before releasing him
- Jason Fox performing well in pass protection for Lions
- Lions name leader in battle for starting LOLB job
- Lions quotes: Jim Schwartz's comments from Tuesday