- The Detroit Lions' "captains" on Thursday night were Brandon Pettigrew, Louis Delmas and John Wendling.
- This is a pretty good summation of Delmas' night:
Louis Delmas: 2 drives, 1 TFL, 1 fumble recover, 0 spontaneously combusted knees. Successful night for him, it appears.
Willie Young was benched by Jim Schwartz following his stupid taunting penalty.
Tony Scheffler celebrated his touchdown reception by staring directly into the camera.
Tony Scheffler will stare into your soul. pic.twitter.com/zeAZtS4yyZ— World of Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) August 23, 2013
Joseph Fauria celebrated his touchdown reception by emulating Christian Fauria, who is his uncle. Christian was in attendance as one of the New England Patriots' announcers, and the Faurias got pictures on the field before the game. That had to have been pretty cool for their family.
- The Lions' second-team offensive line on Thursday featured Dylan Gandy at right guard and LaAdrian Waddle at right tackle. Waddle received a lot of praise after the game, and he really seems to be coming on strong for the Lions.
- The Lions' starters on the offensive line, by the way, were LT Riley Reiff, LG Rob Sims, C Dominic Raiola, RG Larry Warford and RT Jason Fox.
- This is pretty remarkable:
Reggie Bush is averaging 1.2 yards per carry and 14.7 yards per reception in the preseason.— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurke_SI) August 23, 2013
- Lions fans really wanted to see Tim Tebow play on Thursday, but the Patriots didn't oblige them.
Tim Tebow stays on the sideline again despite "We want Tebow!" cheers and the crowd booing.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) August 23, 2013
Chris Greenwood made his NFL debut on Thursday.
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Winners & losers from Lions' third preseason game
- Lions injury report: Updates on Montell Owens, Glover Quin, others
- Lions vs. Patriots final score: Detroit cruises to 40-9 victory
- Detroit Lions vs. New England Patriots: Second half open thread
- Lions vs. Patriots: Louis Delmas in, Calvin Johnson out