- Michael Williams had "successful" surgery on his broken hand on Monday, according to his agent.
- Defensive tackle John Drew and cornerback Ross Weaver have both been placed on injured reserve by the Detroit Lions after clearing waivers.
- It sounds like the Lions are nearing a decision on who will start on the right side of the offensive line.
The right side of the #Lions offensive line "has come into focus," according to Schwartz.
- Louis Delmas is planning to play this week against the Buffalo Bills.
- New Lions linebacker Chris White was shocked when he found out he had been traded to Detroit.
- MLive's Justin Rogers put together a solid breakdown of where each player on the team stands in the battle for a spot on the 53-man roster.
- This is a pretty impressive stat:
Through three preseason games, the #Lions are the only team in NFL with no give-aways. Team's +6 turnover margin is tied for 2nd.— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) August 25, 2013
- I think I'll pass on this episode of A Football Life:
Get ready #Lions fans, NFL Network will air "A Football Life" about Matt Millen on Oct. 8— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 26, 2013
- Because of their injuries at quarterback, the Bills are planning to start undrafted free agent Jeff Tuel in Week 1 of the regular season. The Lions should get a good look at him on Thursday when they take on Buffalo.
- The New York Jets released former Lions offensive guard Stephen Peterman on Monday.
- Minnesota Vikings fullback (and former Lion) Jerome Felton has been suspended for three games. This means he'll miss the Week 1 opener in Detroit.