The Detroit Lions have parted ways with defensive tackle Xavier Proctor, according to Dave Birkett. The move brings them down to 67 players, meaning there are only 14 more moves that need to be made before Saturday's 6 p.m. ET deadline.
The Lions just signed Proctor at the start of this month. He was added after taking part in the Lions' rookie minicamp back in May. He was invited as a tryout, and the Lions didn't actually sign him to a contract until training camp was already underway. He was a long shot to make the 53-man roster, but maybe he has shown enough to at least get a look for the practice squad.
In addition to releasing Proctor, the Lions have moved the following seven players off the roster so far on Saturday:
- 10:22 a.m. ET: WR Corey Fuller, OG Darren Keyton, LB Jon Morgan released
- 10:41 a.m. ET: CB Chris Greenwood released
- 11:12 a.m. ET: S Martavius Neloms waived/injured
- 11:37 a.m. ET: OT Kevin Haslam released
- 11:46 a.m. ET: LB Brandon Hepburn released