- The one sack the Detroit Lions allowed against the Minnesota Vikings has been changed to a rush by Matthew Stafford. As a result, the Lions' offensive line now has a clean sheet for the sacks category.
- Ndamukong Suh's agent thinks the Lions defensive tackle is being persecuted by both the NFL and the media.
- Despite his latest fine, Suh said on Wednesday that his style of play isn't going to change; he's "going to always play tough, hard."
- According to ESPN's Ed Werder, the Lions are "within $55,000 of being fined $50K as an organization for multiple violations" following Suh's fine.
- Mikel Leshoure, who was inactive last week, said on Wednesday that "it's a little frustrating to not be on the field," but he's going to be "professional about the situation." Josh Katzenstein reports that Leshoure has talked with former Lions running back Kevin Smith about not being active.
- ESPN's Michael Rothstein examined all of the different formations the Lions used in Week 1.
- Darius Slay didn't have a problem with being benched at the end of last week's game because he's "here to win."
- Holy Schwartz! has an excellent breakdown of all the different celebrations Lions players did in Week 1.
- Speaking of celebrations, Joique Bell wants his "Hip Hop Hooray" one to become his "tradition thing."
- Here's a look at where the Lions stand in various statistical categories after Week 1:
NFL Stats, Week 1: Lions rank fourth in total offense, ninth rushing offense, 14th in total defense.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) September 10, 2013
Week 1 penalty stats: Lions third in yards with 88 behind Bucs 102, Seahawks 99 and tied with Seahawks for second most with 11. Bucs have 13— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) September 10, 2013
- Pro Football Focus put together a breakdown of what Reggie Bush did against the Vikings.
- This is a pretty interesting stat about Bush:
Over his career, when @ReggieBush has 19+ att., his teams are 9-2. A little surprised he's only had 19+ carries 11 times in his career.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 11, 2013
- Per Tim Twentyman, Nick Fairley has 5.5 sacks in his last six games.
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians thinks quite highly of Fairley and Suh.
- Arians also thinks quite highly of Calvin Johnson, and he thinks the NFL's best wide receiver will be going up against the NFL's best cornerback -- Patrick Peterson -- on Sunday.
- In case you still weren't aware, the NFL is definitely a passing league.
Teams combined for 8,143 net pass yards, most in ANY week in @nfl history. There were 63 TD passes, also most in ANY week— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) September 10, 2013
- Former Lions cornerback Brandon McDonald, who is currently a free agent, has been suspended for two weeks.
- Former Lions wide receiver Kassim Osgood is back with the San Francisco 49ers.
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- A fan's guide to defending your team's players against haters
- Lions quotes: Jim Schwartz's comments from Wednesday
- Lions injury report: Three players miss practice
- Ndamukong Suh cleared following run-in with Comcast employee
- Lions attempted to add Havard Rugland to practice squad with international designation