- Matthew Stafford's targets have got to do a better job of catching the ball.
The Lions have dropped 10.4% of passes this season, worst in the league. Calvin Johnson has only 1 of the team's 8 drops.
- Stafford was excellent when passing against the blitz last Sunday.
From @PFF: Matthew Stafford was 11 of 14 passing vs the blitz last week for 97 yards and a TD. QB rating of 119.3. Pretty good.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 17, 2013
- On Tuesday, Dominic Raiola called Jay Glazer's report about Ndamukong Suh's practice conduct "completely false." A day earlier, Jim Schwartz denied the report as well.
- Lions special teams coordinator John Bonamego spoke with the team's official site about some of the mistakes his unit made on Sunday in Arizona.
- A big part of the Lions' offensive success revolves around Reggie Bush moving the chains on third down.
Why is @ReggieBush so valuable? Four of his seven catches and 131 of his 145 receiving yards have come on 3rd down.— Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) September 17, 2013
- If the Lions are going to beat the Washington Redskins this week, getting off to a quick start will be important.
The Redskins have been getting off to terrible starts. Their minus-43 1st half point differential is the worst through 2 wks since PIT '89.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) September 16, 2013
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions/Redskins game are going to be Dick Stockton and Ronde Barber.
- This is one of the all-time great tweets:
@Nate13Burleson Can you get Pettigrew in on this to generate some real cash?— Carlita Danger (@JustMama71) September 17, 2013
- There have been a lot of close games so far this season.
We've had 22 games thru 1st two weeks decided by 7 points or less. most ever to start season.. previous high was 19, back in 2010— trey wingo (@wingoz) September 16, 2013
- The city of Detroit has produced a lot of NFL talent.