- The Detroit Lions have placed defensive end Jason Jones on injured reserve and signed defensive tackle Andre Fluellen, as first reported on Monday. Jones ruptured his patellar tendon on Sunday against the Washington Redskins.
- Jim Schwartz said on Monday that he made the decision to sideline Reggie Bush on Sunday. For this week, all Schwartz said when asked about Bush's status, per Kyle Meinke, is "we'll see."
- Schwartz was also mum when asked if Rashean Mathis is now the permanent starter at right cornerback or if Darius Slay will get his job back this week.
- Schwartz was very appreciative of the Redskins' decision to share their overhead pictures with the Lions in the second half of Sunday's game. The Lions were without the pictures, which help coaches and players make adjustments, in the first half, but the Redskins made theirs available -- something they didn't have to do -- in the second half.
- I didn't even realize Ziggy Ansah suffered an injury on Sunday, but it thankfully sounds pretty minor.
Schwartz on Ziggy's injury: He was beat up a little bit, a couple different things he came out with, he was able to return to the game.— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) September 23, 2013
- ESPN's Michael Rothstein has the story behind the Lions' successful conversion on fourth-and-inches in the Redskins game. It turns out Dominic Raiola played a big part in it.
- Per Dave Birkett, the Lions brought in quarterback John Parker Wilson, wide receiver Lavelle Hawkins and two other players for a workout on Monday.
- Twitter is something else. Following Joseph Fauria's 'N Sync celebration on Sunday, one of the members of the band tweeted at him on Monday.
- How 'bout that:
Last time CINCY, CLEV, DET all won on same day was Nov. 13, 1994, the day Barry Sanders rushed for 237 yards vs TB.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 23, 2013
- Chicago Bears defensive tackle Henry Melton is officially out for the season after tearing his ACL on Sunday night. That's a tough, tough loss for the Bears.
- Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick are going to be the announcers for the Lions' game against the Bears on Sunday.