Matthew Stafford set the NFL record on Sunday for the most passing yards in the first 50 games of a quarterback's career, passing Kurt Warner. Stafford now has 14,069 yards passing in only 49 games.
- The touchdown Nick Fairley scored on a fumble return on Sunday was his first score since he played tight end in high school. He ended up giving the ball from his touchdown to Israel Idonije, and Fairley had a pretty hilarious celebration with Ndamukong Suh immediately following the score.
Fairley and Suh just tried to jump and bump chests on the sideline -- and Fairley knocked Suh right the hell over.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 29, 2013
Suh on Fairley knocking him down: "That belly overtook everything."— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) September 29, 2013
- If this is truly what happened, signing Idonije was worth it simply for his help against the Chicago Bears:
A few Chi players think former DL Izzy Idonije tipped off Lions to their stunts. Said Bush burned them every time they did "power" stunt.— Michael C. Wright (@mikecwright) September 29, 2013
- On Sunday, Dominic Raiola passed Jeff Backus to move into third on the list of the most games in Lions history (192).
- Micheal Spurlock's 57-yard punt return was the longest for the Lions since a 71-yard punt return by Stefan Logan back in 2010.
- He may not have been able to play, but Nate Burleson fired up his teammates before Sunday's game.
- These two stats about Reggie Bush are pretty awesome:
Reggie Bush has 112 rush yds & 10.2 avg. Last @DetroitLionsNFL w/ 100+ rush yds & 10.0+ avg in 1st half is Barry Sanders— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) September 29, 2013
Interesting fact: Best had 172 all-purpose yards in the Lions' 2011 win vs CHI. Today, Bush had 173.— Sage (@sage80_rocker) September 29, 2013
- Sunday was Calvin Johnson's birthday. A touchdown and a win over a division rival is a pretty good present.
- Hitting 40 points against the Bears was pretty noteworthy from a statistical perspective for the Lions.
Lions have 40 points vs Bears, most they've scored against Bears since scoring 55 in 1997— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) September 29, 2013
- Bears offensive guard Kyle Long had nothing but praise for Suh following Sunday's game.
Kyle Long on Suh: "There's been a lot of scrutiny over what has happened on the field with him over the last few years but that doesn't....— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) September 29, 2013
... take away from the tremendous talent that he has. He's a physical player, a nasty player. And I mean those words in a good way."— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) September 29, 2013
Darius Slay wasn't happy that he got hit with a beer bottle thrown from the crowd during Sunday's game. By all accounts, a Bears fan threw the bottle.
- There was a dog that looked like a lion at a Lions tailgate on Sunday. I want one.
- To close things out, here's Raiola on Kris Durham:
Dom Raiola on @KrisDurham16's big game: "He's White Chocolate, and white chocolate's good, man. I like that."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 30, 2013
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Lions vs. Bears: Recap of Sunday's win
- Lions quotes: Jim Schwartz comments on win over Bears
- Sunday night open thread: Patriots at Falcons
- How the Lions replaced Nate Burleson against Bears
- Lions injury report: Updates on Rashean Mathis, Chris Houston, others
- Lions vs. Bears final score: Detroit controls Chicago in 40-32 victory