- After being named Pro Football Focus' Offensive Rookie of the Year for 2013, Larry Warford was named PFF's overall Rookie of the Year. For this particular award, he beat out fellow finalists Desmond Trufant, Keenan Allen and Sheldon Richardson.
- The Detroit Lions have started announcing their awards for the 2013 season. As voted on by members of the team, Ziggy Ansah took home the Mel Farr Award as the rookie of the year, Joique Bell received the Chuck Hughes Award as the most improved player and Dominic Raiola got the Eric Andolsek Award as the top offensive lineman.
- Rodney Austin and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah both got three-year deals from the Lions when they were signed from the practice squad to the active roster. With 2013 counting as the first year of their deals, both players are under contract through 2015.
- Bill Bentley is hoping to stay at nickelback for the Lions under their new head coach.
- Joe Gibbs thinks quite highly of Ken Whisenhunt.
- Matching up the Lions with the Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving was a smart move by the NFL.
The Lions-Packers Thanksgiving Day game ranked as the third most-watched program of the fall season with 28.3 million viewers.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) January 8, 2014
- Pro Football Focus' 2014 free agency tracker is up and running.
- It sure sounds like the NFL is going to expand the playoffs in the future.
- There is already a record number of early entrants for the 2014 NFL Draft.