- Detroit Lions players voted Calvin Johnson the winner of the Bobby Layne Award, which is given annually to the team's offensive MVP.
- According to the Oakland Press, Reggie Bush said on FOX this past weekend that the Lions' next head coach "needs to improve the culture of our team, our level of expectation needs to improve and our preparation can improve as well." Sounds about right.
- The Free Press' Dave Birkett has the story of when Ken Whisenhunt played quarterback.
- The Minnesota Vikings are set to interview Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer for a second time. He appears to be the favorite to land the Vikings' head coaching job.
- The "top candidate" to land the Cleveland Browns' head coaching job, meanwhile, is Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, according to Jay Glazer.
- The Chicago Bears have made a couple changes to their defensive coaching staff.
Bears announced that DC Mel Tucker will return but DL coach Mike Phair and LB coach Tim Tibesar will not.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 12, 2014