- It turns out that Detroit Lions secondary coach Marcus Robertson is still under contract with the team, and he's planning to interview with Jim Caldwell while at the Senior Bowl in hopes of keeping his job. If Caldwell decides to let Robertson go, perhaps Tony Oden could be a candidate for the job.
Lions coach Jim Caldwell just got done meeting with former TB Buccaneers CBs coach Tony Oden.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 20, 2014
- Joique Bell briefly played for Caldwell in Indianapolis in 2010, and Bell actually tried to get to Detroit for Caldwell's introductory press conference, but he missed his flight.
- Here's another interesting Caldwell-related tidbit:
Jim Caldwell actually recruited Jeremiah Washburn to wake forest. Washburn chose Arkansas.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) January 20, 2014
- No wonder Calvin Johnson decided to have surgery on his injured finger.
- The Senior Bowl is promoting Ziggy Ansah's success story from last year:
Lot of signage at the Senior Bowl this year trumpeting the success of last year's prospects like Ziggy Ansah pic.twitter.com/F0wLKXoIxj— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 20, 2014
- Speaking of the Senior Bowl, Dave Birkett reports that Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan isn't going to take part in it because of an injury, while Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard opted out of it because of a "personal decision."
- Lions interview Ken Zampese for offensive coordinator job, according to report
- Recapping Martin Mayhew and Jim Caldwell's Senior Bowl media session
- 2013 POD Awards: The nominations
- The 2013 Detroit Lions season recap (Part 2: The Reckoning)
- Jim Caldwell says footwork is key for Matthew Stafford
- Lions notes: Jahvid Best lands coaching job at Cal