- The financial details of Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell's contract have leaked out:
On the contract of new #Lions coach Jim Caldwell: It’s 4 years, worth between $4M and $5M per year, I’m told. Incentive-laden, too.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 21, 2014
- Several people had some really positive things to say about new Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi on Tuesday. Take a look:
Asked Rob Ryan about new Lions OC Joe Lombardi: "We're not allowed to talk to the press, but he's a (bleeping) great one. You can use that"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 21, 2014
Saints DL coach Bill Johnson gave a big endorsement for new Lions OC Joe Lombardi. "All you need to know is they're getting a good coach."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) January 21, 2014
Congrats to Joe Lombardi, new OC with Lions. My QB coach at the Saints. Stafford is fortunate to have him.— Mark Brunell (@M_Brunell8) January 21, 2014
Huge congratulations to Joe Lombardi. Coached me up for 4 years in Nola…really knows his stuff & will do great things in Detroit!— Chase Daniel (@ChaseDaniel) January 21, 2014
- New Orleans Saints tight ends coach Terry Malone had this to say about what Lombardi's offense will look like in Detroit:
Malone: "His training over the last 5 years is from Sean Payton and really is sound football and an attacking style Lions fans will enjoy."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) January 21, 2014
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions were scheduled to interview former Tennessee Titans secondary coach Brett Maxie for their secondary coach job on Tuesday night. (On a related note, the Cincinnati Bengals hired Vance Joseph as their defensive backs coach. Joseph was believed to be a candidate for the Lions' secondary coach job.)
- The first ever Pro Bowl draft was on Tuesday night, and Ndamukong Suh was apparently the first pick.
It appears defensive line was the first position up in the Pro Bowl draft, and Deion Sanders' team took Suh.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 22, 2014
- This week's ESPN The Magazine features Calvin Johnson and Eminem on the cover:
- Scott Linehan is one of four candidates to replace Caldwell as the Baltimore Ravens' offensive coordinator.
- The Miami Dolphins apparently didn't send any coaches to the Senior Bowl. Good luck with that, Miami.