- The Dallas Cowboys officially hired former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan as their passing game coordinator. Also, the Cowboys promoted former Lions head coach Rod Marinelli to defensive coordinator. Good luck with all that, Dallas.
- Former Lions secondary coach Tim Walton has been let go by the St. Louis Rams. He served as the Rams' defensive coordinator for one season, and he is likely going to be replaced by Gregg Williams.
- Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase never heard from the Lions during their coaching search.
- When asked to compare the Lions and Seattle Seahawks, Cliff Avril told MLive that "it was more business-like in Detroit," whereas in Seattle it's a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Speaking of the Seahawks, Seattle head coach Pete Carroll, who coached Reggie Bush in college at USC, commented on the Lions running back on Tuesday.
- Presented without comment:
From the playbill: "Tonight, (Joique's) thrilled to be switching out his jersey for studded leather..." pic.twitter.com/QJqJWkto7c
- Rob Sims received the "Media Good Guy Award" from the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association.
- Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both recently updated their 2014 NFL Draft big boards.
- Rotoworld has taken another excellent look at some of the wide receivers in this year's draft.