- The Free Press reports that Detroit Lions assistant director of pro personnel Miller McCalmon retired last month.
- Only one of Detroit's four major sports teams has the same head coach as it did last year.
Oct. 22: Jim Leyland retires; Dec. 31 Jim Schwartz fired; Feb. 9 Mo Cheeks fired; 110 days, 3 gone -- Wings' Mike Babcock last man standing
- Rotoworld ranked the biggest coaching change winners from this year, and Matthew Stafford came in at No. 5 on the list. Why? Well, Rotoworld explains that Stafford "projects to be more efficient under the new regime." I can't disagree. Between Jim Caldwell, Joe Lombardi and Jim Bob Cooter, Stafford should be a much improved quarterback in 2014.
- Speaking of quarterback efficiency, former Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo rated every quarterback from the 2013 season. Peyton Manning topped the list with a 9.0, and Stafford checked in with a 7.9 (the same rating as Matt Ryan, Tony Romo and Jay Cutler).
- Remember the awesomely awful Stafford shirt we brought to your attention last week? Well, this is a pretty hilarious development:
Does this make the shirt even better? Hell yes, it does. pic.twitter.com/ear6uoeqem— Jeremy Reisman (@DetroitOnLion) February 8, 2014
- This is also pretty awesome (for completely different reasons):
- The Minnesota Vikings' new stadium looks like it is going to be pretty sweet.
- NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has updated his top 50 rankings for the 2014 NFL Draft.