- After visiting the Pittsburgh Steelers last week, Louis Delmas reportedly visited the New Orleans Saints on Thursday.
Dave Birkett reports that Carlin Isles received permission from the Detroit Lions to play rugby in Scotland until the team's organized team activities begin in April. At that point, it seems the expectation will be for Isles to return to Michigan to rejoin the Lions, although it remains to be seen if that will actually happen.
- Also according to Birkett, the Lions are scheduled to pay Matthew Stafford $17.5 million on Friday as part of the signing bonus he received last summer. Part of that signing bonus was deferred, and now it's time to pay the rest of it. The Lions apparently owe Glover Quin, Reggie Bush and Jason Jones varying amounts of money from their signing bonuses as well, and those payments are due in March.
Sam Martin was pleased to hear that Don Muhlbach re-signed with the Lions.
Real happy for my man Muhl on signing a new deal. Management must have known it was my birthday today. Thanks guys!
- If the Lions do indeed want to bring in a more traditional fullback, Vonta Leach seems like a logical addition considering the Baltimore Ravens released him on Thursday.
- It appears that the NFL playoffs could expand by two teams in 2015.
- The New York Giants and Buffalo Bills will meet on Aug. 3 in the 2014 Hall of Fame Game.