- According to Ian Rapoport, the Detroit Lions haven't actually started contract talks with Ndamukong Suh, likely because he just recently picked an agent. At this point, a new deal doesn't seem likely in the immediate future, so much like the situation with Matthew Stafford last year, it could take some time for a long-term extension to be worked out.
- Joique Bell had this to say on Tuesday after agreeing to a new three-year deal with the Lions:
Bell: "I don't think this could have played out any better in a movie I'm speechless."
Bell: "I feel so many different emotions going through my body right now. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, hug my mom or grab my son."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 11, 2014
- Several Lions players tweeted about Bell's new deal on Tuesday. Take a look:
Major shoutout to big bra @JoiqueBell on his new contract. You deserve every bit of that bro, now it's time to eat.— Steven Miller (@Steevie_Mo) March 11, 2014
Congrats to my man @JoiqueBell on the new contract!!— Dorin Dickerson (@scorindorin) March 11, 2014
@JoiqueBell happy for you bra— theo riddick (@Riddick6) March 11, 2014
Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) March 11, 2014
Congrats to my bro Joique Bell on the new deal! Glad to have him back our offense wouldn't be complete without him! pic.twitter.com/Eo65GQ6gml— Reggie Bush (@ReggieBush) March 11, 2014
Bill Bentley (@BB5LIVE) March 11, 2014Darren Sproles also tweeted his congratulations to Bell. (They were teammates in New Orleans.)
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions sent pro personnel director Sheldon White and scout Joe Kelleher to Michigan State's pro day on Tuesday, likely to get a look at cornerback Darqueze Dennard.
- According to Aaron Wilson, Louis Delmas' one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins includes a base salary of $2.25 million, $1 million of which is guaranteed. The deal also includes bonuses for games played and other incentives.
- Late on Tuesday night, the Denver Broncos agreed to a six-year deal with cornerback Aqib Talib. The deal is worth $57 million and includes $26 million in guaranteed money, according to Adam Schefter. There is now speculation that this move could result in Darrelle Revis ending up with the New England Patriots.