This piece on Golden Tate from Pro Football Focus is pretty nice to read now that he's joined the Detroit Lions.
- The Free Press has the story behind where Tate's first name came from.
- Just as an FYI in case he does in fact sign with the Lions: James Ihedigbo's last name is pronounced ee-HEAD-ee-bo.
- Jason La Canfora put together a good breakdown on why it's more important to look at the guaranteed money in contracts instead of the overall worth of them.
- After being released by the Chicago Bears, defensive end Julius Peppers signed a three-year deal worth up to $30 million with the Green Bay Packers on Saturday.
- On a related note, this is pretty interesting:
Julius Peppers in 2 games against GB in 2013: PFF grade of +5.3, 3 sacks, 2 BP. In 14 other 2013 games: PFF grade of -9.7, 4 sacks, 1 BP.
- In other NFC North defensive end news, Jared Allen visited the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.
- Finally, Pro Football Talk has a recap of all the moves NFC North teams have made so far during free agency.