- Israel Idonije is scheduled to visit the Chicago Bears on Tuesday. He was with the Bears before joining the Detroit Lions in 2013, and the Lions have already made it known that they aren't interested in re-signing him.
- The Lions are planning to stay in touch with Shaun Hill, who is visiting the St. Louis Rams. It sounds like they are going to wait and see what happens with Hill and the Rams before making any decisions on their backup quarterback spot.
- The Lions had a scout at Louisville's pro day on Monday to take a look at safety Calvin Pryor.
- Vaughn Martin's contract with the Lions is worth $795,000, but it only has a cap hit of $635,000, according to the Free Press.
- During a Q&A on Monday night, Lions president Tom Lewand summed up William Clay Ford's attitude toward the team:
Lewand shares story about William Clay Ford Sr., who told him: "You are not here to make me money. You’re here to get me football players."
- Yes, Jim Bob Cooter actually goes by "Jim Bob."
- Matthew Stafford apparently helped recruit Golden Tate to the Lions.
- The Dallas Cowboys hosted former Bears defensive tackle Henry Melton for a visit on Monday, and they're scheduled to host former Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen on Tuesday. (Also on Monday, the Cowboys signed quarterback Brandon Weeden to a two-year deal.)
- Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie got a five-year deal worth up to $39 million from the New York Giants on Monday.