- It doesn't sound like Ziggy Ansah is going to be ready for the start of the Detroit Lions' offseason training program, which opens on April 7. Ansah is still recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, and he's apparently recovering from a torn bicep as well. He should be good to go by the time the regular season rolls around, though.
- Remember when Teryl Austin indicated that the Lions weren't in the market for a pass-rushing outside linebacker? That might have been a bit premature based on this:
Caldwell also said #Lions have a need for pass-rushing OLB, said they're looking for "a little bit different flavor" rusher to pair w/Ziggy
- On a potentially related note, UCLA outside linebacker Anthony Barr isn't sure if he's going to take a pre-draft visit with the Lions since he already met with Martin Mayhew before his pro day.
- Denver Broncos head coach John Fox wasn't thrilled with losing Jim Bob Cooter to the Lions.
Denver HC John Fox on Jim Bob Cooter: "We tried to keep him. We didn't want to lose him. I think you guys got a heck of a coach."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 25, 2014
- This won't come as a surprise to anybody, but Reggie Bush had the worst drop rate among running backs last season.
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions going with Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley in the first round and Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin in the second round.
- The NFL approved several rule changes this week.
- Also this week, the "No Fun League" struck again by banning goal-post dunks. Joseph Fauria doesn't seem too worried about the loss of that celebration, though.
No more dunking on the goalpost?! SMH. Glad I got to do one last year though. But I'll stick to what I'm good at.. pic.twitter.com/0Z99ZS8YPU— Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) March 25, 2014