- Jim Caldwell's message to the 2014 Detroit Lions is pretty simple: Win now.
Lewand said Caldwell at team meeting last week put up a slide that said: "Win and win now." Pressure's on.
- Joe Lombardi is planning to incorporate "elements" of the New Orleans Saints offense, Caldwell's Indianapolis Colts offenses and last year's Lions offense into his scheme for this year's team.
Lombardi envisions Reggie Bush and Joique Bell "having a split role" in 2014.
- The Lions began their draft meetings on Tuesday, and they are apparently putting a focus on finding "closers" after blowing so many late leads the last couple seasons.
- This is interesting:
Lewand said Suh's strength trainers from Oregon met with the Lions this offseason.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) April 15, 2014
- Grantland put together a great piece called "The Lessons of Barry Sanders."
- This is a pretty interesting look at where teams find their offensive starters:
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in the first round and Indiana wide receiver Cody Latimer in the second round.