Now that the draft is much closer, and the talent rankings have seemingly shaken out, I'm going to present some interesting draft day scenarios as I've done previously.
First, our ground rules.
1) There is no other option than to make our pick at #10. This means no trading down, no trading up.
2) Only provide 1 name.
The point is to see who can combine best talent available with addressing a key Lions need. If no QBs have been taken, it still wouldn't make sense to take Teddy Bridgewater, just like if Watkins and Evans are both gone, you may not want to go with a WR.
So without further ado:
Who Would You Take If...
1) HOU - Jadaveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2) STL (via WAS) - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3) JAX - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
4) CLE - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
5) OAK - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
6) ATL - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
7) TB - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
8) MIN - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
9) BUF - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
10) DET - ???
I think I might do one of these with trades involved, to give us a more accurate idea of who might be available at #10.
For instance, I might have Cleveland trade out of the #4 pick for someone who wants Watkins. What do you guys think?