Golden Tate expects the Detroit Lions offense to be a much better fit for him than the Seattle Seahawks offense was. What's more, Tate sees himself as a "more explosive" Lance Moore based on the film he's seen of the New Orleans Saints offense.
- Here are the details on Rashean Mathis' new one-year contract with the Lions:
Rashean Mathis got a veteran minimum benefit contract from the Lions, but along with his $65K SB, $500k of his base salary is guaranteed.
- This won't come as a surprise to anybody, but Larry Warford fared quite well in Pro Football Focus' review of last year's rookie interior offensive linemen.
- This is a pretty good line from Dave Bing on Jim Caldwell:
Former Detroit mayor Dave Bing said city shouldn't put too much pressure on Caldwell to save the youth b/c "he has to save the Lions first."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) April 16, 2014
- The Lions recently met with Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray.
- Mel Kiper's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in the first round and Nebraska cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the second round.
- Rotoworld's metrics series for the 2014 NFL Draft recently took a look at some edge rushers, including Anthony Barr.
- The Lions' preseason game at the Oakland Raiders is going to be played on Friday, Aug. 15.
- Barry Sanders has launched a new line of shirts, and he's featured in a new Foot Locker commercial as well.
- Even though he now plays for the Cleveland Browns, Nate Burleson's LionBlood Clothing Co. isn't going anywhere.
- In case you want to continue to get your hopes up for Sammy Watkins, check out The MMQB's breakdown of "The NFL’s Next Big Thing" and SB Nation's scouting report on the Clemson wide receiver.